What: Trivet Class By Julie Crowley
When: December 15, 2018 10:00 am
Materials and Supplies
- Assorted prints and tone on tone fabrics 1 ½ yards total 100% cotton
- 100 % Cotton clothesline ¼ “
- 6 ‘ for mug rug, 12’ for 7” round, 18’+ for 9”, 30’+ for 12”
- Wax paper
- either a spring clothespin or small clamp
- glue stick, fabric glue or fabric tack
- Top stitch needle
- cotton thread
- Foot for widest zigzag stitch (open toe foot is good for visibility)
- cut fabric into strips either ¾” or 1 “ x 18-24 “ for wrapping the clothesline
- choose a color scheme or go totally scrap bag happy—your choice. The more fabric you include the more interesting the end result will be.
- Print your directions, some copies will be available at the class
- You can print both pages of directions on one page, if you like, by going to Print and choosing “Multiple”, choose 2 pages per sheet and select Horizontal , then print.
Instructions - Members can login to access the members only menu and go to patterns to access the instructions.
What: Christmas Ornament Making by Gayle Brooks
When: November, 2018 7:00 pm (November Guild Meeting) at the Springs
Materials For Scandinavian Christmas Tree Star
- 4-10 1/2" x 3" rectangles of contrasting cotton
- Ribbon to hang
Materials For Star wool appliqué ornament
- Star of a size you desire, plus a smaller one to fit inside of contrasting color
- Button 5/8"- 1" diameter.
- Floss of matching color
- Floss of contrasting color
- Needle for floss
- Scissors (sharp enough to cut felt and floss)
- Iron to press cotton rectangles