Patriotic Quilt Show
June 16, 2019
Stodden Park, Butte
The Mining Museum in Butte invites you to participate in the 2019 Miners Union Week. It is exciting to have another opportunity to show quilts to our community. This show will be open to all quilters! We hope to receive quilts from the entire SW Montana area. Please ask your quilting friends who are not guild members to join us. Quilt groups from area towns are especially invited. These quilts will be displayed checkerboard style on the grass. It will be beautiful and fun to see this colorful, interesting display of quilts.
Each quilt will be given to a veteran at a Presentation Ceremony at the new SW Montana Veterans Home to be open in Butte in 2020. Your quilt will be a tribute of thanksgiving for their valor and service to our country. As one who has given veterans a quilt, let me say they love them. They are so grateful to be remembered, thanked and honored.
Goal: 75 Quilts
- Size 50"x50" to 60"X60" and any dimension between
- All Cotton, excluding batting
- The Show committee will provide a label for you
- Two 12" ties basted or safety pinned onto each corner
- A Presentation Case, 20"x20" to coordinate with your quilt and for storage
- Red, White, and Blue including other colors as needed. Please do not include a religous message.
- Patriotic Theme
- Obviously, stars work well.
- Patriotic panels are beautiful and work up quickly
- "Quilts of Valor" free patterns will inspire you!
- For more suggestions or questions you may call Miriam, 406-498-3861 or Suzanne, 406-782-5143
- Our thanks to COPPER STITCHES, 1369 Harrison Ave., Butte who is giving a 25% discount on fabric purchased for this quilt show
Miriam Haley 498-3861 can provide more information on the Patriotic Quilt Show.